What Is Sal Khan’s Net Worth in 2024? Khan Academy
Sal Khan Net Worth 2024
Co-founder and CEO of Khan Academy “Salman Amin Khan,” known by his short name “SAL KHAN,” has a net worth of $380 million in 2024.
Sal Khan is an educator based in America, providing free world class education through his online platform, “Khan Academy,” to millions of students worldwide. More than 8.4K video available on the Khan Academy YouTube channel with 8.06M subscribers has covered various educational topics, especially in Mathematics and Science.
Related 📯 Max Verstappen Net Worth in 2024
Quick Overview of Sal Khan
|Fakhrul Amin Khan
|Farida Begum Khan
|Mountain View, California
|Place of Birth
|Date of Birth
|49 Years (As of 2024)
|5′ 6” (1.68 m)
|70 Kg 154 lbs
|Grace King High School
Harvard Business School
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of New Orleans
|Imran & Deya
|360 million US dollars
Sal Khan’s Early Life, Education and Family
Sal Khan was born in Metairie, Louisiana, in 1976. He immigrated to Unites states of America with his parents in early age from Pakistan because his grant father was member of national assembly in Pakistan. He has four brothers and a sisters. His father, Fakhrul Amin Khan, was a civil engineer, and his mother, Farida Begum Khan, was a house wife.
Particularly, Sal Khan had keen interests in education from his early age. He attended the public schools in Metairie and graduated from Grace King High School in 1994. He attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering and computer science in 1998 and 2003, respectively.
After graduation, Sal Khan has worked as a financial analyst at Boston Consulting Group and a product manager in Google. He also taught math to middle and high-school students in New Orleans through his nonprofit organization , Khan Academy.
Sal Khan Wife
Sal Khan has been married to Pakistani physician Umaima Marvi since 2004. They have three children together.
Sal Khan House
In early age, Sal khan raised in a small apartment in New Orleans with his parents and siblings but now a days he resides with his family in Mountain View, California. Sal is a devout Muslim. He has said his faith is essential to him.
Sal enjoys playing soccer, tennis, and ping-pong in his free time. He also wants the New Orleans Saints and the Boston Red Sox.
Sal Khan is an American educator and co-founder of the Khan Academy, a free online education platform and nonprofit organization. He is also the co-founder of the startup investing firm Adda52.
The Khan Academy Youtube channel videos became popular in 2012, and meanwhile khan academy website was receiving 10 million unique visitors per month. In 2013, Khan was named in Time magazine as 100 Most Influential People in the World. In 2015, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Khan Academy has partnered with various institutions, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the College Board, and The National.
Khan Lab School
Khan Lab School is an innovative and forward-thinking non-profit educational institute founded in 2014 by Sal Khan located in Mountain View, California. This unique school is designed to provide free education to all students in a very different way. Instead of following a rigid curriculum and set schedules, students have the freedom to explore their interests and learn at their own pace.
This personalized approach to education empowers students to take ownership of their learning journey, fostering creativity, critical thinking, and a deep love for learning.
Awards Winning By Sal Khan
Khan has received numerous awards and honors, which are listed below.
- Worked as cartoonist while in high school
- Achieved a perfect score on the math portion of his SAT exam
- Graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the areas of mathematics, engineering, and computer science
- Graduated from Harvard University with a masters degree in business administration
- Started a job as a hedge fund financial analyst in Boston (2003)
- Married his wife Umaima Marvi, a Pakistani physician (2004)
- Became the founder and CEO of Khan Academy (2006)
- Named by Time magazine as 100 Most Influential People in the World.(2011)
- Invited to speak at TED conference by Bill Gates in March (2011)
- Authored a book titled “The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined” (2012)
- Received the Jefferson Award for Public Service. (2012)
- The Government of India awarded him the prestigious Padma Shri award. (2014)
- He was awarded the Visionary of the Year Award by the Silicon Valley Education Foundation and the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama. (2015)
- The University of Edinburgh awarded Khan an honorary doctorate. (2016)
- The University of South Florida awarded him an honorary doctorate. (2017)
- The University of the People awarded him an honorary doctorate. (2018)
How Does Khan Academy Make Money?
Khan Academy is a non-profit organization that aims to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere in the world. So, how does Khan Academy make money?
The organization relies on donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations. In addition, Khan Academy has partnered with several companies that donate a portion of their proceeds to the organization. These companies include:
– Amazon Smile
Khan Academy also earns income from its You tube channel having 8.07 Millions Subscribers and more than 8K videos.
Khan Academy has been incredibly successful in its mission to provide free, high-quality education to people worldwide. The organization has grown tremendously over the past few years, with over 10 million students using the platform monthly.
Looking to the future, Khan Academy plans to continue expanding its reach and impact. The organization is developing new content, translating its existing content into more languages, and building new features to improve the learning experience. With the continued support of donors and partners, Khan Academy will continue to change the way people learn.
Sal Khan Social Media Presence
Other Business Ventures
Sal Khan founded the Khan Academy, a free online education platform. However, he has also invested in several other business ventures. Here are 10 of them:
- In 2009, Khan co-founded the startup incubator Imagine K-12 with Palmer and D’Angelo.
- In 2010, he launched the Khan Lab School, a nonprofit blended learning school in Mountain View, California.
- In 2012, Khan co-founded the education technology company Piazza with Ali Partovi.
- In 2013, he co-founded the online coding school Code Academy with Ali Partovi and Hadi Partovi.
- In 2014, Khan launched the Khan Academy Kids app with the help of his wife, Umaima Marvi.
- In 2015, he co-founded Acorns’ online investing platform with Walter Cronkite III and Kevin Rose.
- In 2016, Khan launched the book club ReadingIQ with the help of his wife, Umaima Marvi.
- In 2017, he launched the online fitness platform Fitbit with James Park and Eric Friedman.
- In 2018, Khan co-founded the online food delivery service DoorDash with Tony Xu and Andy Fang.
- In 2019, Khan launched the online real estate platform Zillow with Spencer Rascoff and Lloyd Frink.
If you notice any mistake or update about “Sal Khan Net Worth,”. Please comment below or get to us through our Contact Us page.
Thanks for reading ❤️ “Sal Khan Net Worth”.